Teja S. Stokes, MBL
Senior Research Leader
Ms. Stokes has more than 20 years of experience in home and community-based services and supports for individuals who are aging or have mental illness, substance use disorders, or developmental disabilities. Her direct support, management, and consulting services have focused on policy development and program implementation. Her current or recent roles include:
- Project Director for the Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) Technical Assistance to States project sponsored by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), for which she oversees technical assistance to States in PASRR program implementation, evaluation and assessment, and home and community-based services
- Project Manager for work with the state of Pennsylvania to develop a strategic plan and systems change for the Office of Developmental Programs
- Project Task Lead, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Center for Financing Reform and Innovation – Affordable Care Act Enrollment for Urban Indians; Affordable Care Act Enrollment for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Community
- Team member for the CMS National Quality Enterprise (NQE) to facilitate quality improvement to State Medicaid home and community-based programs and Money Follows the Person Demonstrations nationwide.
Ms. Stokes has a Master's in business leadership and quality management from Upper Iowa University; her BS in psychology is from Mary Washington College.
Areas of Expertise:
- Long term services and supports/home and community based services
- Quality and process improvement
- Strategic planning and group facilitation
Contact Teja Stokes