Susan Raetzman, MSPH
Senior Research Leader, Behavioral Health and Quality Research, Analytic Consulting and Research Services
Ms. Raetzman has over 25 years of health industry experience in association, foundation, consulting, and provider settings. Her experiences include analysis of State and Federal health policies and programs for Medicare and Medicaid, and she has studied health care quality, pharmaceuticals, health insurance, health care delivery, financing, and cost containment.
She has had leadership roles on projects that include:
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Center for Financing Reform and Innovations contract
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Structuring Care Recommendations for Clinical Decision Support project, Network of Patient Safety Databases project, and Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP)
- State- and payer-level variation in Quality Indicators, analysis of detailed charges underlying growth in hospital costs, and an initiative to improve the use and analysis of State-level race and ethnicity data
- Other research areas include State practices in Medicaid exception trusts, long-term services and supports, health care quality disparity, Medicaid Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program.
- She has published nearly 60 organization, government, or agency reports, many of which are focused on health care of older Americans.
Ms. Raetzman has an MSPH from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a BA in journalism and mass communications from Kansas State University.