Domingo A. Arenas
Software Development Leader for the Analytic Consulting and Research Services Analytics
Mr. Arenas has over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry. He designs, implements, and deploys Web-based and Windows-based products. Mr. Arenas’ current or recent roles include:
- Truven Health Analytics MarketScan® software development leader, managing staff and overseeing construction of the Web-based software
- Principal developer of MarketScan Treatment Pathways, Sample Select, Disease Profiles, and Drug Profiles
- Principal developer of a Windows-based application to load medical and drug claims and perform analysis on cost and drug use patterns
- Group leader for the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP), responsible for the design, development, and analysis of multi-State healthcare databases for the Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Group leader for the Verification of Encounter Data Project, responsible for the design and implementation of the MED database
- Group leader for Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council Project, responsible for the design and implementation of a system to collect, analyze, and report outpatient data
- Expert in very large databases, such as Observation Medical Outcomes Partnership (OMOP), MarketScan Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid Databases, HCUP, Medicaid claims data, American Hospital Association Annual Surveys, provider files, and Area Resource Files.
Mr. Arenas has a BS in computer science from University of Madrid, Spain.