Brian Moore, PhD
Dr. Moore is an applied microeconomist with vast experience using advanced econometric and statistical methods. He has been a major contributor to the technical approach and analysis of several health care studies utilizing the Truven Health Analytics MarketScan® Research Databases and Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Databases (HCUP) and Tools.
Projects included in Dr. Moore’s recent work:
- Evaluation of benefit design programs implemented by large, private-industry employers
- Investigation of trends in medical spending, utilization, and medication adherence for Consumer Directed Health Plans (CDHP)
- User support for the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project
- Evaluation of the effect of a worksite wellness program at a large U.S. firm
- Examination of emergency department length of stay by diagnosis and disposition
- Analysis of cost burden of treatment options associated with specific medical conditions
Dr. Moore has a PhD and an MA in economics from Michigan State University, an MA in economics from Indiana University, and a BS in business administration from Miami University.
Areas of Expertise:
Contact Brian Moore
- Econometric and statistical methods
- Program evaluation
- HCUP data