Vice President, Software and Database Design, Analytic Consulting and Research Services
Mr. Pepitone has 25 years of health care industry and software development experience. He is a computer scientist who designs and directs development of Web sites, relational databases, and health care information systems. His current and recent projects include:
- Principal architect of Treatment Pathways, a Web-based tool for analysis of diseases and treatments in the Truven Health Analytics MarketScan® 100 million-person inpatient, outpatient, and drug database
- Principal architect of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) Project Libra Web site for multi-payer comparative effectiveness research
- Part of the multi-organizational team that, together with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), created the initial vision and technical design of MONAHRQ—a Web site generator for hospital profiling and comparison
- Principal Investigator on several projects for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), including one that integrated 100% of the Medicaid and substance abuse and mental health data for three States over a multi-year period
- Principal architect of Disabled and Elderly Health Programs Group (DEHPG) content management Web sites for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Mr. Pepitone has an MA from the University of California-Santa Barbara and a BA from the University of California-Riverside.